Membership in the Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador is open to all members of the public who have an interest in Chinese tradition and culture, or who are interested in the programs, services and events of the Association.
The Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador is run entirely by volunteers who do not derive any remuneration from the Association. Membership fees support a substantial part of general administrative expenses of the Association, including office supplies, printing and copying, postage, and supplies for low admission events such as the Flower Service and Chinese New Year Family Fun Day. No membership fees are used to subsidize the Annual Dinner and Dance as that event is run on a self-sufficient basis.
We are planning to offer more programs and plan more events for our members. By being a member of the Association, your children qualify to apply for the annual Chinese Association Scholarship. You will also be given advance notice on limited capacity events, and preferential admission rates on some events. Your membership fees will also help to maintain the vitality of the Association, and make it possible for us to bring better programs and services to you.
Code of Conduct
The Code is the standard by which all members agree to govern themselves, and all members agree to follow this Code of Conduct.
1. Members will act lawfully;
2. Members will faithfully abide by the Articles of Incorporation, by-laws and policies of Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador;
3. Members will exercise reasonable care, good faith and due diligence in organizational affairs;
4. Members will fully disclose, at the earliest opportunity, in formation that may result in a perceived for actual conflict of interest;
5. Members will maintain a professional level of courtesy, respect, and objectivity in all activities of Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador;
6. Members will respect the diversity of the members without discrimination on gender, sexual orientation, national origin, race, religion, age, political
affiliation or disability. in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
7. Members will respect the confidentiality of sensitive information of the association.
Effective date: January I, 2018