The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage children of Chinese decent to further their studies in a local post-secondary education institution in this province.
The scholarship will be awarded annually to a student entering a full time program at one of the local post secondary educational institutions. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic performance. The amount of the award, currently valued at $500 per annum in interest on the capital, will be subject to a review based on the annual rate of return to the trust fund. The presentation of the award will be made annually to the successful candidate at the Chinese New Year celebrations.
Guidelines for the Granting of Chinese Scholarships
1. The Chinese Association offers one entrance Scholarship of $500 annually to students entering a full time program at one of the Provincial Public Post-Secondary Education Institutions. The amount of the award will be subject to an annual review based on the availability of funds.
2. This scholarship will be administered under the Scholarship Committee established by the Chinese Association.
3. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic performance. Applicants will be required to have obtained an over all average of no less than 75% in eight 3000 level courses in high schools. The award will be given to the candidate with the highest average.
4. Eligible candidates must be family members of the Association in good standing in the last two years. Candidates must be of Chinese descent, and either a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant. There will be no age limits on eligible candidates.
5. Candidates shall submit the application to the Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador. Applications must be received by the end of December each year.
6. Presentation of the award will be made to the successful candidate at the annual Chinese New Year Celebration.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.